Friday, September 4, 2009

5/5/09 - Lovebug

I'm slowly getting better at this blogging thing. Probably because I need to be studying for finals. Oh well...
Anyway, this is my Jonas Brother's Post. I'm pretty sure every blog is required to have one, so I'm getting it over with.
I generally love hating things that other people really like. But, I'll admit I'm a sucker for most music. And I am a self-proclaimed Jonas Brothers junkie. I'm taking my 12 year old niece to see them in the fall, and I'm not sure who's more excited, her or her 20 year old aunt. haha.
But other people seem to really hate them. Most of these people seem to be males, and I think we can all see where the jealousy comes from... but otherwise I really don't understand it. So here are my top 5 reasons to embrace the Jonas Brothers... bay-bay. ;-)
1) They're adorable. All of them have matching dark hair, adn super trendy clothes like vests and skinny jeans. America loves stylish people, and the Jo Bro's have the best sylist out there. If any of my guy friends were half as put together as they are all the time... I'd probably make fun of them, but on Nick, Kevin and Joe it totally works.
2) Their songs really are wholesome. People would like to read into them all sorts of innuendo like "Oh, Burning Up is referring to being sexually excited" and crap like that... but maybe, just maybe burning up just means that they like the girl. Everything doesn't have to be overtly sexual to mean that you have a thing for someone, and every song doesn't have to be about sex... unles you're Lil Wayne.
3) We haven't had a good band of brothers in a while now. And Jo Bro's cut right to the chase by putting that fact in their name. I mean, Hanson was about 12 years ago (man I'm getting old) and before them was... what, the Brady Kids? Point is, we need another band with added drama because of the family relationships.
4) Without them there would be no competition for Zac Efron. And goodness knows every single girl ever is already crazy about him. It's good to have healthy competition, and Joe vs. Zac in a swoopy hair or rad dance moves competition would be one for the Celebrity Death Match books.
5) Did I mention they're adorable? and they're good boys. I think we've all had enough of the bad boys, right?
So, yeah. Why spend time hating what the rest of the country (at least the tweens and wanna-be tweens aka me and my friends) hath approved? And it's not like they're most peoples favorite band, or that anyone's calling them super talented. I mean, clearly they are not the next Beatles or even a new N'sync (Cause they don't dance... though if they added Efron to the mix they could probably pull it off), but that doesn't mean they can't have catchy songs that people really like.
What I'm saying is, people, back off of the Jonas Brothers! They've only got a few more years of teen stardom, and thnk of all the better things you could be doing with your brainpower... like helping me study for my Francais final. ;-)
'Cause I'm slippin' into the lava, I'm tryin-a keep from goin' under...
<3
With love,
Shelli

No comments:

Post a Comment