Friday, September 4, 2009

1/26/09 - Big Girl's Don't Cry

I must need a new laptop, because my keyboard has started to stick. First it was my shift button, and then my space bar, and now it's the letter C. Boo.

I suppose if I was just a little cooler, I would have a mac and then have no more computer problems ever. Anyway, from here through this entry I will use K's instead. That should be fun.

My World Literature II professor is a bit of an idiot. But he's no where near as mukh (ugh, the first 'C' I need to use would be part of a blended konsenant sound. I'll probably give up on the whole replakement k thing... now.) Anyway, my lit professor is not where near as dumb as the four female athletes that sit around me in that class. Now, I have nothing against female athletes as a rule. Our women's basketball team is kicking some serious butt this season, and I really do admire the skill and strength that sports require... especially since my idea of a sport is the Parisians semi-annual shoe sale (even though Belk took over Parisians and the shoes will never be the same again). But these particular girls grate at my nerves for a few reasons.

  • They talk unbelievably loudly. Seriously. It's a 10 am class, and everyone else is sort of quiet and morning-ish... but these girls ramble really loudly as though they didn't notice that everyone else is practically whispering. So every morning the entire class is treated to the details of what the entire team (not sure what team, but as far as I an tell it involves some sort of ball, and there is a men's team also) did the night before and all the reasons why one girl on the team makes 100's on every test she's ever taken but refused to help any other athletes unless you suck up to her. Even after the professor starts calling role, they continue their conversation at the same volume, and it’s so annoying that he leans forward and says in his Mr. Roger's voice "Will you be quiet?"
  • Every single article of clothing any of them have worn so far has our school's insignia on it. Sweatshirts, t-shirts, sweat pants, socks, sweatbands, hats, literally everything any of the quartet wears is branded with the university insignia. It's really quite ridiculous, and I know it shouldn't bother me so much, but it makes me want to shake the brunette that sits in front of me and beg her to wear jeans and a polo shirt... although they would probably be under armour. And what's worse is that they glare at me when I walk in and exchange glances that I'm sure equal, "Can you believe that girl wear dresses to class? I mean, where are her school sweatpants?" Jerks.
  • They all cuss about fifteen times more than the average person. My repeating their conversation would end up sounding like the radio edit of a T.I. song. I know I'm old-fashioned, so I think it's unladylike to drop F-bombs, but these girls swear like sailors. I don't know if it's the athleticism that drives them to be so vulgar, or what, but I'm not a fan.
  • They sit on the front row and cheat during the quizzes. This I simply do not understand. There are no assigned seats, so they're voluntarily sitting on the front row, or three of them do, and one sits beside me. And then when we get reading quizzes they obviously lean over and look at each others answers and tilt their papers towards each other. I mean, I suppose that's good team work, but it just seems like stupidity to me. There's just no way that our professor hasn't noticed... I saw his lips purse the last time it happened.
  • and they're all white. I just felt like that needed to be cleared up. that's not one of the reasons they aggrevate me. I love white people. ;)

and I'm sure there are even more annoying traits yet to be discovered. Every class I'm reminded of why I usually take honors classes... I don't think they let athletes into those.

With love <3

Shelli

No comments:

Post a Comment