Friday, September 4, 2009

5/22/09 - New York, New York!

Today marks a turning point in my blogging, haha. I'm spending my summer working on a research internship in New York City, so I'm doing the logical thing: blogging about my experiences. I think there are about 3 major reasons why people blog when they spend time away from their hometowns...
1) So they have something to do when they're lonely. Man, I don't have any friends in NYC yet. Guess I'll write about what i did for the friends I do have. And pretend that I have a life here.
2) So they don't have to keep telling people about their experiences. Oh yeah, I did go to the Empire State Building. refer to my May 30th blog entry for more details.
3) So they can make the people back home jealous. Today I will brag about all the cool things I did. or maybe lie about the things I did. Either way that cheerleader I went to high school with that's working at Applebee's this summer is going to be green with envy. :-)
haha. In all seriousness, I just want to let people know what's going on with me. I can't promise that I will blog more frequently, but it will be more like a journal-ish thing than my previous "insights of the world around me" method.
I think there might be a way to subscribe to this. So you should do that, if you can figure it out. I'm not particularly technologically savvy, so it's Greek to me.
Today was a really long day. My loving mom and dad and I all got in the rented trendy Toyota SUV and drove all the freaking way to Buffalo, NY. That's where I was born (well, not exactly, lol but close to Niagra Falls, which is where I was actually born. Not the falls themselves, but the city), and we're visiting family and old friends until Sunday. Sunday afternoon I will check into the NYU dorm that I'm staying in, on Fifth Avenue in Greenwich Village. And then I'm on my own. Yes!! I'm soooo tempted to show up and sing a chorus of Not For the Life of Me out my window.
And that's all for now. Ah, New York. If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere... ;-)
With Love,
Shelli

No comments:

Post a Comment